While you choose a reliable shipping company to ship your luggage to the destination, it is necessary to know the shipping restrictions and the list of prohibited items. If you do not adhere to the guideline, then the consignment may not reach the final destination. A flawless shipping will only be achieved if the customers abide by the rules, otherwise, the consignment may get rejected.
There are restrictions based on few factors,
- Weight: There are different charges according to the weight of the shipping
items. For example, different pricing and discount rate for items weighing
below 50 kg, above 50 kg and above 100 kg. At the same time one cannot ship a
very heavy freight.
- Size: Similarly, items with huge volume may not be allowed. Oddly shaped
items can also create inconvenience. Know the permissible length, breadth and
- Type of items: Perishable items may require special packaging and different rates
- Location: To ship the consignment to a remote location may take longer time
than the standard time.
- Customs duty: Customs duty is not within the purview of the shipping company. The
duty varies according to the declared value, replacement value and actual value
to be charged on the courier. However, you can ask for guidance to manage the
locally enforced; hence it may differ from one country or state to another. The
specifications may vary with respect to one area to other. It is advisable to
call the shipping company to know the details before you start packing.
There are certain items defined as prohibited, such as-
- Batteries: Button cells, Pencil
cells, Rechargeable batteries
- Inflammable items: Nail police,
Perfume, Deodorants, Aerosols, Lighters, certain cosmetics
- Precious metals and stones:
Gold, Silver, Platinum, Emerald, Ruby, Diamond, etc.
- Dry ice
- Dangerous goods: Goods that are
- Fire extinguishers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Life jackets
- Tobacco products
- Fur or any item made of fur
- Human or animal remains or
For better clarifications connect with us. We
care for the safety of your belongings. To do our job in a timely and efficient
manner, please comply with the rules and regulations related to shipping.